Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bill of Rights

1. What are he Bill of Rights? The Bill of Rights is the first ten amendments of the Constitution. They were introduced by James Madison to the US Congress in 1791. The first ten amendments were the original, but later on more were added.

2. Which 3 of the 10 are most important to you and why? The first amendment that is most important to me is Amendment 1; Freedom of Speech, Press, Religion and Petition. This amendment has give me the right to speak as I choose and choose as I speak. The second amendment that is important to me is Amendment 4; Right of search and seizure regulated. This amendment has allowed me to keep my privacy from everyone, unless with a probable cause. The third amendment that is important to me is Amendment 5; Provisions concerning prosecution. This amendment allows me to not be deprived of life, liberty, and property.

3. How have our rights changed over the past 200 years? Our rights have changed by being gained more. Slavery is illegal, blacks can vote, and women can vote.

4. What rights would you add? What rights would you take-out? I would add a right allowing gay marriage, and a right to allow the consent of abortion. I wouldn't get rid of any amendment, but I would change the the 2nd Amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment